A Honda ATV is the ultimate work mate. Each is built with the quality, technology and reliability that only Honda can inject, and will last for years, providing unstoppable service in all conditions and weathers.
The Fourtrax 420 is the all-round ATV and Honda’s best seller. Its combination of class leading power, easy-to-manage size and affordability make it the perfect choice for all sorts of duty, and a variety of model variants – starting with a fast and agile 2wd base model – make finding the perfect Fourtrax a straightforward task.
For 2014 Honda has taken its do-everything ATV back to the drawing board, improving its performance, reliability and all-round ability with an all-new chassis and host of technical upgrades.
Updates in brief
- Totally new frame, swingarm and longer travel front and rear suspension.
- Front and rear suspension adjustable for spring preload.
- Rear brake located inside rear wheel.
- Swingarm pivot rubber bushings
- Increased ACG output
- Redesigned bodywork maintains rider protection.
- Comfort has been enhanced with optimised ‘rider triangle’ for different sized riders and a thicker seat design.
- Improved, more powerful headlights
- GYZ16 wet-type battery.
- Tank cover/side covers remove in one piece for easy engine access.
- Increased dash functionality.
- The 420cc engine’s fuel injection has been re-mapped for greater throttle control, power delivery and 10% increase in fuel efficiency.
- Automotive-style fuel pump and 100,000km fuel filter
Type Liquid-cooled single cylinder, 4-stroke
Bore ´ Stroke 86.5mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio 9.9 : 1
Max. Power Output 26.6 BHP @ 6250rpm
Max. Torque 24.6 lb/ft @ 5000rpm
Oil Capacity 3.3L
Fuel Tank Capacity 14.7L
Fuel Consumption 17.6 km/l
Ignition Full transisterised Ignition
Starter Electric and Recoil
Battery Capacity 12V 16Ah
ACG Output 416W @ 5,000 r/min
Clutch Type Multiplate wet clutch
Transmission Type 5 speed manual + reverse
Final Drive Shaft
Type Steel double cradle
Dimensions (L´W´H) 2103 x 1205 x 1174mm
Caster Angle 30kg / 60kg
Trail 14kg / 385kg
Seat Height 856mm
Ground Clearance 183mm
Kerb Weight 278kg
Turning Radius 2.8 m
Type Front Double wishbone
Type Rear Trailing type
Type Front Tubeless (composite & steel press)
Type Rear Tubeless (composite & steel press)
Rim Size Front 12 x 6.0
Rim Size Rear 11 x 7.5
Tyres Front AT24 x 8-12
Tyres Rear AT24 x 10-11
Type Front Hydraulic disc
Type Rear Mechanical drum
INSTRUMENTS & ELECTRICS