A Honda ATV is the ultimate work mate. Each is built with the quality, technology and reliability that only Honda can inject and last for years, providing unstoppable service in all conditions and weathers.
The TRX500 Foreman is the benchmark do-it-all ATV. It’s the full-power, full-sized machine in the Honda range, made for hard work and hauling heavy loads.
With switchable 2/4wd for speed or grip and powerful hydraulic disc brakes to match, the Foreman covers rough ground with ease. And its longitudinally mounted single-cylinder drives hard through a five-speed gearbox and automatic clutch.
Getting the job done efficiently is what the Foreman is all about and for 2014 Honda has taken its heavy hitter back to the drawing board, improving performance and all-round ability with an all-new chassis and host of technical upgrades.
Updates in brief
- Totally new frame, swingarm and longer travel front and rear suspension.
- Significant increase in carrying capacity for front and rear racks
- Front and rear suspension adjustable for spring preload.
- Rear brake located inside rear wheel.
- Swingarm pivot rubber bushings.
- Plastic CV joint boots and sealed steering knuckle bearings.
- Electronic diff. lock control added to TraxLok, plus new Speed Over Ride feature.
- Increased ACG output
- Redesigned bodywork maintains rider protection.
- Comfort has been enhanced with optimised ‘rider triangle’ for different sized riders and a new seat design.
- Improved, more powerful headlights with assist light.
- GYZ16 wet-type battery.
- Tank cover/side covers remove in one piece for easy engine access.
- Increased dash functionality.
- The 475cc engine’s fuel injection has been re-mapped for greater throttle control, power delivery and 10% increase in fuel efficiency.
- Automotive-style fuel pump and 100,000km fuel filter
Type Liquid-cooled single cylinder, 4-stroke, OHV pushrod and rocker arm
Bore ´ Stroke 92mm x 71.5mm
Compression Ratio 9.5 : 1
Max. Power Output 28.7 BHP @ 6250rpm
Max. Torque 28.0 lb/ft @ 5000rpm
Oil Capacity 3.3L
Fuel Tank Capacity 14.7L
Fuel Consumption 14.3 km/l
Ignition Full transisterised Ignition
Starter Electric and Recoil
Battery Capacity 12V 16Ah
ACG Output 481W @ 5,000 r/min
Clutch Type Multiplate wet clutch
Transmission Type 5 speed manual + reverse
Final Drive Shaft
Type Steel double cradle
Dimensions (L´W´H) 2103 x 1205 x 1219mm
Caster Angle 40kg / 80kg
Trail 14kg / 385kg
Seat Height 869mm
Ground Clearance 190mm
Kerb Weight 287kg
Turning Radius 3.2m
Type Front Double wishbone
Type Rear Trailing type
Type Front Tubeless (composite & steel press)
Type Rear Tubeless (composite & steel press)
Rim Size Front 12x6.0
Rim Size Rear 12x7.5
Tyres Front AT25 x 8-12
Tyres Rear AT25 x 10-12
Type Front Hydraulic disc
Type Rear Mechanical drum
INSTRUMENTS & ELECTRICS